Eva State College in USA
Eva State College is a state-supported universities small, liberal arts in Alamosa, Colorado, USA, in the San Luis Valley, home to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve. ASU offers graduate programs in natural science and social, in the arts, business and nursing, and specializes in education in some subjects. ASU also offers graduate degrees, among others, history, art and business (MBA), educational programs, including education consultant. There is also a post-graduate programs (Ph.D.) in counselor education. The school has an active sports program, both in the sport with participation in athletic training and education; sports teams Adams State Grizzlies compete under the auspices of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference
ASU was founded in 1921 as a university teacher. Billy Adams, a Colorado legislator who later would become a three-term governor of Colorado, working for three decades before being authorized to find Adams State Normal School in 1921, to provide the higher education opportunity for teachers in remote areas and rural areas of Colorado, as San Luis Valley, and see if they work in the same field.
In 1926, Harriet Dalzell Hester became the first graduate of the university. She became the school's first library and a school superintendent Alamosa County.
May 22, 2012, Governor John Hickenlooper of Colorado signed a bill changing the name from Adams State College Adams State University. The change became official on August 7, 2012.
The administration and the oldest building on campus is Richardson Hall, named after the first president of the school, Dr. Ira Richardson. The house of the curriculum in math and science, Porter Hall, is named for William A. Porter alumni, author of E-Trade and a great benefactor of the school. McDaniel Hall, named for the sponsor and honorary lecturer Dr John McDaniel, is the main venue for the classes in English, psychology, history, sociology, and teacher training.
Campus residences for the performing arts including theater ASU (built in 2001), House of Music (which underwent major renovations in 2011) and Leon Memorial Concert Hall.